You can't leave your homebrew in primary forever! Let's talk about storage.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: |15 Jan 2016|, 23:04
- Favourite Beer: Richards Red
New to all grain brewing and wondering how long beer will last in bottles before it spoils? Thanks for the HELP...
- Posts: 340
- Joined: |26 Mar 2014|, 12:25
- Favourite Beer: IPA
- Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)
I have bottles here that I made that are probably 18-20months old. Maybe don't taste as good as they did at their peak, but definitely not spoiled.
Anything with alot of hops are going to fade quicker than something like a stout would, having said that, I have had some of my hoppier ones 6 month after bottling, and while not as good as fresh, still not bad.
- Posts: 803
- Joined: |13 May 2012|, 11:36
- Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales
- Location: Barrie Ont CA
1 to 2 years if bottled and naturally carbonated, if you use CO2 I think 3 to 6 months.