First keg

You can't leave your homebrew in primary forever! Let's talk about storage.
XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Re: First keg

Post by XXXXX » 5 years ago

Yikes, sounds like quite the adventure just to get kegging! Haha....

You may have already ordered a new lid, but if it happens already you can probably take both lids to a local shop and have them install the PRV from the non-fitting lid into the lid it shipped with.

Might be faster than waiting for shipping to Nunavut... again!
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX » 5 years ago

Also, you'll have to share some pics of your setup! You seem to be progressing quickly!
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Post by Venari » 5 years ago

Once I get some measurements of the 10lb tank, combined with the dimensions of the keg, I'll have to build a stand of some sort, to hold the tank/keg upright, and to install taps onto. Or find that fridge and start drilling holes into the door (unless they found a way to sneak coils into the door, but I find that concept ridiculous). I'll have to decide if I should keep the CO2 outside of the fridge and drill a hole in for the hose (requiring research into the location of the coils), or hope that I can fit both the tank and the keg inside.

Either way, once the setup is complete, I'll definitely snap some photos. Thinking the first beer to go into the keg will be a Honey Pumpkin IPA or a lager. Probably a lager first, then the pumpkin can go in after an extended stay in a secondary.
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?

Venari

Does anybody know where I can find a racetrack-style keg lid? There are none on amazon, ebay, and I can't seem to find a "add to cart" button on kegoutlet.com, and other websites seem to say they are out of stock.
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?

jamatron
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by jamatron » 5 years ago

I have a couple that u can have if u want, but there are no relief valves on em, and you'd have to pay the shipping of course.
Beer won't solve your problems...but neither will milk!
-Flying Monkeys

Venari

Thank you for the offer, jamatron, it is much appreciated.

unfortunately i want one with a relief valve on it. I dont trust the local shop to move the valve from one to the other and still be able to pressurize the keg :(

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Post by Reignman » 5 years ago

Venari

Thank you for taking the time to find that link Reignman. Unfortunately thats not a racetrack lid :(

here is the shape im looking for:

http://www.kegoutlet.com/keg-lid-recond ... style.html

Venari

So i've received all my shiny new fittings, hoses, etc etc from OBK. I just need to wait for 1 more package of hops from another vendor before I can start brewing the beer that's going to go into this keg :)

Hopefully my CO2 tank gets shipped soon. According to the tracking info, it's been sitting in Ottawa since it got dropped off 10 days ago.