Ball Lock or Pin Lock??

You can't leave your homebrew in primary forever! Let's talk about storage.
gm-
Favourite Beer: Westmalle Dubbel

Re: Ball Lock or Pin Lock??

Post by gm- » 5 years ago

Scrap metal places are also good to call, I've bought 8 kegs in total from a guy in Moncton that has a scrapyard. Lot of those kegs ended up in scrapyards from distribution centers and restaurants.
Coming up: Dubbel
Fermenting:
On tap: Cucumber Saison / Simcoe MO SMaSH

TRG
Favourite Beer: My IPA

Post by TRG » 5 years ago

I considered converting to sanke style kegs...but buying 4-6 couplers was enough to deter that idea!

bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by bellybuster » 5 years ago

TRG wrote:but buying 4-6 couplers was enough to deter that idea!
tell me about it.. I just want to buy 2 for an upcoming wedding and thats enough to give you heart pain.

JGBrewery1
Favourite Beer: stella

Post by JGBrewery1 » 5 years ago

i use both ball lock and pin lock, i have two pin lock (5gal) and one ball lock (3gal) because my kegerator wont fit the two pin locks i had to get the small guy, it a pain with changing fittings for transferring and bottling but im making it work, keep in mind that the 4 pack of pin locks from obk were refurbished as the ball lock ones are new and thats why the big price difference. i have a coca cola plant a stones throw away from me but i never thought of going to ask them (gonna do that tomorrow) id like to get two ball lock (5gal) (which should fit as they are slimmer) for in the kegerator and use pinlock for winter storage of beer and just transfer when i need to. as for sanke i still think that prices are too high to get into this yet unless you find a bar going out of buisness. good luck with kegging, its so worth it
If you trust nothing else. . .Trust your sanitizer

Primary: N/A
Secondary: N/A
Conical: Galaxy hop lager
Lagering: N/A
Bottled: random left overs
On Tap:black rock brown ale, vienna lager(galaxy dry hopping)