In my 6 gal pail, 3 weeks into fermentation (I do primary only) I'm going to put in about 1/2 cup of vanilla extract.
The question is about the cherries.
1. Dried / frozen / extract?
(in a steeping bag, of course.)
2. How long?
And after thats done, how would I introduce cold crashing and kegging into this process?
1. Primary for 4 weeks
2. Campden tablets to kill some yeast
- wait 24 hours min. -
3. Add dry hops, and fruit (dried cherries or frozen bluberries, in this case)
- wait 5-7 days -
4. Siphon to keg.
5. Cold crash, 2-3 days
6. Add gelatin
- wait 7 days, while gelatin does its thing and force carb alongside at 12psi -
This is the best I could gather, but it feels painfully long to wait for the beer lol. What do you guys think? Any way to improve the process and/or expedite it?
(I'm using the gelatin because I want the fruit to show, so I'm not taking that step off for this beer. Try something else!)
- Posts: 513
- Joined: |26 Sep 2015|, 01:01
- Favourite Beer: Stouts
- Location: Bonnyville, Ab
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch