A beginner's Guide to 'The Perfect Pour' Keg Serving Tips

Just getting started out in the world of homebrewing? Ask your questions here!
Wingeezer
Favourite Beer: UK Bitter

Re: A beginner's Guide to 'The Perfect Pour' Keg Serving Tip

Post #11 by Wingeezer » 5 years ago

TRG wrote:
birvine wrote:I had built my kegerator and coffin box with standard faucets and everything worked fine. Then I upgraded to Perlick faucets and I got glasses of foam and a wee bit of flat beer. That is when I had to figure out the balance of the system. I increased the length of the lines to 3 m each and it's been beautiful pouring ever since.

Moral: Changes to your system may upset the balance so be prepared to make some changes. But it is definitely do-able.

Brent

I had the same thing happen. Standard faucets = short beer lines. Perlick's = much longer needed. Perlick's must have less resistance. Very good info here!

Thanks.

I found exactly the same as you guys. I started out with Perlick taps, but followed the usual guideline formula for beer line length and got mostly foam.

I started experimenting and Ithink I presently have about 10-11' of 3/16" line, and I now get a pour that I am happy with.

Brian
Save the whales ...................................... collect the whole set.
Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Re: A beginner's Guide to 'The Perfect Pour' Keg Serving Tip

Post #12 by Venari » 3 years ago

I didn't realize there was so much math needed to serve from a keg. Looks like I'll have to take all this into account when I get around to building the keg stand I've been thinking about.
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?

Return to “Beginner Home Brewing”