Best brand of homebrew kit?

Homebrewing with extract? Share your thoughts here!
Greedy Dragon Brewing
Favourite Beer: IPA

Re: Best brand of homebrew kit?

Post by Greedy Dragon Brewing » 3 years ago

Chicco wrote:have worked with munton's, cooper's and festa...so far all great and simple kits. starting to play around with them too by adding DME's and other flavourings to somewhat personalize em.
Good for you Chicco! I don't have any issues with using kits. I brew A/G, Mini-Mashes, and tweaked out Kits depending on how much time I have, what kind of beer I want, and whether or not I am keeping it for myself...sharing with friends...or giving away as gifts. You can make some pretty great beers by tweaking your kits -- a good beer is a good beer no matter how it is made.
Come check me out at https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedyDragonBrewing
If you like what you see please like, share, and subscribe. CheerZ

Chicco
Favourite Beer: amber ale

Post by Chicco » 3 years ago

Greedy Dragon Brewing wrote:-- a good beer is a good beer no matter how it is made.

very well said GDB!

busyemm
Favourite Beer: Hoppy IPA

Post by busyemm » 2 years ago

So far after 3 brews , Ive had the best success with Black Rock from New Zealand. As a newbie brewer batch # 1 Pale ale brewed As pe package instructions was drinkable. Batch #3 with 1 kg of lme and only 300 g of dextrose **shudder**( yes still a newb) and dry hopped with an ounce of Cascade is reasonably tasty. ...baby steps...

ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Post by ECH » 2 years ago

I have had good luck with the OBK kits in the past, enough of them that you could brew one a month and not repeat one in about 2yrs.

I have moved on to creating my own extract recipes now, but they are easy to use, and taste great!

Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Post by Venari » 2 years ago

oro wrote:if you see inside your hot water tank you may not be using hot water in anything you drink
As an HVAC student (I gave up trying to get into the trade at this point), I can second this. I've seen inside some nasty water heaters. My Brita gets LOTS of use.

But now that I'm in Ottawa again, I'm trying to work up to BIAB/AG. Tried to get in on another member's 10 gallon brewday on monday, but was rejected. So much for sitting in and learning :(

Back to topic, the ones I've had the best results with are Coopers and Muntons.
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?

Ottawa_Brewer
Favourite Beer: APAs

Post by Ottawa_Brewer » 2 years ago

Venari wrote:
oro wrote: Tried to get in on another member's 10 gallon brewday on monday, but was rejected. So much for sitting in and learning :(
That's because I was learning and didn't want anyone to see/share my shameful noob experience!

You're invited to my next one, which'll be in 2-3 weeks. Making the following:

http://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/r ... bed/324913