natural flavour extracts

Homebrewing with extract? Share your thoughts here!
Microbrewology
Favourite Beer: Saison

natural flavour extracts

Post #1 by Microbrewology » 3 weeks ago

Does anyone have much experience with using natural flavour extracts? I've been working on getting a nice mango beer. Tried first just with cut fruit, but the flavour didn't come through. Have another on the go with a mix of mango juice and cut fruit, but I just saw an advert for flavour extracts like this https://www.canuckhomebrewsupply.com/collections/ingredients/flavour-extracts

Was curious if anyone had found a high degree of success with them, and if so what were you using and how much per litre of beer?

Cheers!
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Steam Beer

Re: natural flavour extracts

Post #2 by Reignman » 3 weeks ago

I have never used flavour extracts. If these don't work for you, what about hops that have a mango flavour? I think there are hops from New Zealand that extract a mango taste.
Microbrewology
Favourite Beer: Saison

Post #3 by Microbrewology » 6 days ago

Hmmm that would be an interesting avenue to explore. I wonder which one(s) that would be. I did use azacca hops, which are supposed to have mango notes, but I don't think they are from NZ. Also used Citra and Mosaic.
Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post #4 by Warthaug » 6 days ago

I've had good success with the ones sold by canuck/OBK; their apricot extract was amazing - nice apricot flavour, not at all artificial. The amount in a bottle was spot-on for an apricot-forward kettle sour. I'd suggest trying those for your mango beer.

B
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

Return to “Extract Brewing”