Robo Brew V3

Discuss homebrewing equipment in this forum dedicated to the tools we use to make the booze.
Patrickivan
Favourite Beer: My Weissbier

Re: Robo Brew V3

Post by Patrickivan » 7 months ago

Reignman wrote:
<span title="|10 Nov 2018|, 09:52">7 months ago</span>
I took it apart and everything was connected and I saw no loose wires. Packaging everything up for the return to OBK.
Brutal. And if it happens again? You can't keep doing this.

My discolouration issue was indeed a deposit of some sort. I just needed something a wee more abrasive. I think it was the hard water deposits baked on.
"I drink to make people interesting"

George Nathan

Patrickivan

Post by Patrickivan » 5 months ago

Anyone figure out what the difference is between this new expensive circuit board is compared to the "old" one?

I mean, I just got the RBV3 a few months ago, and I hear it's being released with a new circuit board... WTH?

George Nathan

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman » 5 months ago

I hear the new version has a better board that is new and improved, It has a bottom handle, bigger bottom vents and feet at the bottom. The price is now $500.00. I am hoping my board fails and I can get a " new and improved " board.

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX » 5 months ago

Patrickivan wrote:
<span title="|11 Jan 2019|, 23:41">5 months ago</span>
Anyone figure out what the difference is between this new expensive circuit board is compared to the "old" one?

I mean, I just got the RBV3 a few months ago, and I hear it's being released with a new circuit board... WTH?
Maybe they'll send you a new board? It's not a good feeling being the guinea pig, especially at that price point.
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

OntarioBeerkegs

Post by OntarioBeerkegs » 5 months ago

Just a model year change like cars do. Nothing ground breaking. Nothing guinea pig about it guys.

We have all the service parts available for both generations and will send out the part that originally came with that model years unit if you need warranty.
Canadian Homebrew Supplies
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman » 5 months ago

Can the new board be installed in an older robobrew?

Patrickivan

Post by Patrickivan » 5 months ago

Kegland was vague...

"not too many major differences... Stay tuned for details"

There is clearly an implication that there are some major differences. Just not many.

They didn't answer my questions about what the difference was between the circuit boards. I'd like to know why there was a change. Notably, if there's a known issue. Typically businesses don't go out of their way to make a change unless it's a response to an issue of any sort.

That said: as long as my RBV3 keeps working, I'll be happy. The last brew had such a good boil, I was shocked.

George Nathan