Robo Brew V3

Discuss homebrewing equipment in this forum dedicated to the tools we use to make the booze.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Re: Robo Brew V3

Post by Reignman » 1 month ago

Yes. They are sending a temp probe and a circuit board. However, I am wondering after the warranty is up. These things will need parts all the time. Seems to me this was designed by a kid in grade 10 science class. I would of paid more for better quality parts.

Reignman

Post by Reignman » 1 month ago

Replaced the circuit board and temp probe. Seems okay, everything back to normal. I still want to install a fan to draw some hot air out from underneath it.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio » 1 month ago

Took mine for its maiden voyage last night and really took it for a spin. 70/30 pils/raw wheat, in a turbid mash. All went well until i hit my second rest, and temp started reading high. 20 degrees high.... once i figured that out i just had to adjust my setpoints...

Hit my numbers bang on but had an extra gallon of wort, due to my improved efficency even with raw wheat.
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Vienna Märzen
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Brown Sour

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio » 1 month ago

Figured out why temp was so high while cleaning today. Scorched a bunch of wheat protien because of my recipe and it insulated the coil and probe.
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Vienna Märzen
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Brown Sour

Reignman

Post by Reignman » 4 weeks ago

Installed a bathroom fan I found in my garage underneath the milk crate. Sucked out hot air from inside the unit. Worked pretty good. No stats, but just by putting my hand on the bottom part. It was very warm instead of very hot with my first brew.