rhizomes for sale

For job postings, apartments, homes, cars, hook-ups, group buys, carpooling, and whatever other deals that don't fit into the equipment exchange.
oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

Re: rhizomes for sale

Post by oro » 4 years ago

I have kept mine in the same plastic bags as you sent and stored at 60 degrees, they are in perfect condition. I hope to plant this weekend, were they are going is full sun, the snow there has melted and the ground thawed in this area. My hostas in this area always sprout long before others. The front of my house will be hops
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...

ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post by ruf1 » 4 years ago

sounds good,they will do really well in full sun,my bines are over a foot long already and we only had the 1 week of full sun but the temps on a daily basis are over 14 degrees .good luck with them. :bow:

ruf1

so, just an update on rhizome sales. am done selling zomes, everyone payed as promised and im happy about that, my bines are 2 to 2.5 feet high already, i welded up 24 foot steel poles to go in to concrete , tried to cut the grass today and the cutting heads under the mower deck packed it in. now the grass will be as high as the bines when i get my parts, LOL thanks to all who ordered zomes and :bow: :cheers:

oro

thanks for offering these to us fellow home brewers, and the time you spent to ship etc. is greatly appreciated :cheers: :cheers:

ruf1

oro wrote:thanks for offering these to us fellow home brewers, and the time you spent to ship etc. is greatly appreciated :cheers: :cheers:
thx oro, it was a lot of back and forth e-mails and a lot of time put in to it, i am happy to give a deal to fellow brewers,no one ships zomes for 5 bucks each and with such a low postage rate..........hope every one has a good summer and has fun watching the bines grow.
watch out for aphids and dont squash any tiny yellow eggs on your plant leaves as these will turn in to lady bugs that will eat those aphids.........thx again all..... :rockon: :cheers:

smtm
Favourite Beer: porter

Post by smtm » 4 years ago

Got mine in pots, Wens. forecasted low is -8 here.

Thanks for the rhizomes,
how much to send some of your weather ??

ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Post by ECH » 4 years ago

Potted mine on Saturday.

And just noticed today that 3 of them are now peeking through the soil with some shoots!

ruf1

so, i havnt been on the forum for awhile and have been quite busy.
How are the rhizomes coming along guys?
I put 24 foot long steel poles in the ground and supported every thing with guy wires , strung the lines with string for the bines and some of my hops are 3/4 of the way up the 18 foot strings,been checking daily for aphids and have not seen 1 so far, knock on wood.
i will try to get my son to take some photos of the hops when he gets a minute. I hope all your plants are doing well.

:cheers: ;)

ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Post by ECH » 4 years ago

Mine are still indoors as night time temps were still in the -1C to +1C up to a couple of days ago. Looking at the 14 days outlook, looks like night temps will only be down to the lowest about 7C, so probably safe to get them out.

Took this pic about a week ago, 4 weeks after planting.

The stakes are basically 3ft steel rods and most of them have gone over the top of them in the last week since I took that photo, so the warmer temps at night couldn't come soon enough. Just got to figure out where I am going to put them outside.

oro

I have the Centennial and the Fuggle sprouting well about 2-3" tall - the Golding is not sprouting yet