rhizomes for sale

For job postings, apartments, homes, cars, hook-ups, group buys, carpooling, and whatever other deals that don't fit into the equipment exchange.
ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Re: rhizomes for sale

Post by ECH » 5 years ago

Ruf, just to let you know that the cheque went into the mail this morning for the 6 I ordered. Now just see how long CP takes to deliver it!

ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post by ruf1 » 5 years ago

ECH wrote:Ruf, just to let you know that the cheque went into the mail this morning for the 6 I ordered. Now just see how long CP takes to deliver it!
thx ECH,just got a pm from nshirey , told me the same thing, so i will tell you what i told him- i mailed both pkgs friday morning,and just for extra assurance that the pkgs were sent out quickly,i gave the clerk a ..........kick in the ass.LOL hope you get your pkg soon... :cheers: and thanks for the orders guys. and watch out for the sneaky carrier that will try to put the note on the door saying you were not home :facepalm:

ECH

ruf1 wrote:
ECH wrote:Ruf, just to let you know that the cheque went into the mail this morning for the 6 I ordered. Now just see how long CP takes to deliver it!
thx ECH,just got a pm from nshirey , told me the same thing, so i will tell you what i told him- i mailed both pkgs friday morning,and just for extra assurance that the pkgs were sent out quickly,i gave the clerk a ..........kick in the ass.LOL hope you get your pkg soon... :cheers: and thanks for the orders guys. and watch out for the sneaky carrier that will try to put the note on the door saying you were not home :facepalm:
Nah, I live in a contract area, IE: Super mailbox, so if it is too big to go in one of the larger boxes, they bring it to the house. The ones that do this route are usually pretty good as I keep them hopping with delivering parcels for the business.

ruf1

well seeing how i was going to see my bud at the P/O to mail pkgs to ECH&nshirey i put one in the system for a lady and her husband on van isle,that was fri morning and the lady emailed me to say she got the pkg,too bad i didnt get my M/O , its been 7 days since she mailed it to me......no wonder Fedex and Purolator are growing so fast. i wont comment on the other carrier who was supposed to get my envelope to me........... :S ....BOYCOTT THOSE F@*%ERS EVERYONE :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: :deadhorse: normally i would not send with out payment in hand. :D

ECH

Yeah, I looked at switching to Fed Ex when the strike was on a couple of years ago. They were the next cheapest after Canada Post, but were still $1-$3 more for a similarly sized box to be shipped, and customers already complain about the cost of shipping, so didn't figure they would want to pay more.

Something going to Toronto did get there a day sooner than with CP, so I guess it all depends on how quick you need it. Considering most parcels in Canada that I send are Expedited, if they show up late, I just make a claim for the postage. Probably 3-4 parcels a month sometimes show up late.

ruf1

ECH wrote:Yeah, I looked at switching to Fed Ex when the strike was on a couple of years ago. They were the next cheapest after Canada Post, but were still $1-$3 more for a similarly sized box to be shipped, and customers already complain about the cost of shipping, so didn't figure they would want to pay more.

Something going to Toronto did get there a day sooner than with CP, so I guess it all depends on how quick you need it. Considering most parcels in Canada that I send are Expedited, if they show up late, I just make a claim for the postage. Probably 3-4 parcels a month sometimes show up late.
some delays are understandable sometimes , but 7 days to get 1 envelope from vancouver island to the mainland is NOT understandable,its only a 90 min ferry ride for crying out loud,a pigeon could of got it here quicker just for a few grains of malted barley.HA HA HA HA HA HA,wheres donkeypunchers pigeon food. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ECH

Nevermind, it is not only delays, but also cost.

Couple of years back, I had 2 identical parcels. Same size, same weight.

One going to Quebec City, one going to Woodstock, NB (I am in Fredericton, NB, about a 45min drive to Woodstock).

Not only was it cheaper to ship the parcel to Quebec City, which is about 6hrs away, vs 45mins for Woodstock, it also took a day longer to deliver it to Woodstock.

Sometimes I just shake my head.

ruf1

ECH wrote:Nevermind, it is not only delays, but also cost.

Couple of years back, I had 2 identical parcels. Same size, same weight.

One going to Quebec City, one going to Woodstock, NB (I am in Fredericton, NB, about a 45min drive to Woodstock).

Not only was it cheaper to ship the parcel to Quebec City, which is about 6hrs away, vs 45mins for Woodstock, it also took a day longer to deliver it to Woodstock.

Sometimes I just shake my head.
makes no sense does it! :cheers:

ECH

Hey there Ruf,

Rhizomes arrived. Some nice growth on them already! Will they be alright to wait to be potted until this weekend? (only a couple of days), as I likely won't have a chance to do them before then.

How big a pot should they be in for now? Like a standard 6" pot till they are ready to transplant?

ruf1

ECH wrote:Hey there Ruf,

Rhizomes arrived. Some nice growth on them already! Will they be alright to wait to be potted until this weekend? (only a couple of days), as I likely won't have a chance to do them before then.

How big a pot should they be in for now? Like a standard 6" pot till they are ready to transplant?
if you dont have the time ,put them in a plastic leak proof bag and keep moist but not really wet,if you plan on planting on the weekend they will be fine until then,leave them at room temp seeing how thats what they are now.good luck with them. :cheers: