rhizomes for sale

For job postings, apartments, homes, cars, hook-ups, group buys, carpooling, and whatever other deals that don't fit into the equipment exchange.
Doc_Drive
Favourite Beer: German wheat

Re: rhizomes for sale

Post by Doc_Drive » 4 years ago

Plant them in containers and sell them next year as second year plants (more yield) and jack up the prices... ;)

ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post by ruf1 » 4 years ago

Doc_Drive wrote:Plant them in containers and sell them next year as second year plants (more yield) and jack up the prices... ;)
i thought of that doc,would be fine for local people but no good for shipping I E = higher shipping costs for live plants, would also need at least a ice cream sized container. will see what happens. :cheers:

ruf1

ruf1 wrote:
Doc_Drive wrote:Plant them in containers and sell them next year as second year plants (more yield) and jack up the prices... ;)
i thought of that doc,would be fine for local people but no good for shipping I E = higher shipping costs for live plants, would also need at least a ice cream sized container. will see what happens. :cheers:

got one more order from a forum member,and another from van island. this is going to end soon though ,these rhizomes are starting to grow too much...thx for the orders folks...... :cheers:

Doc_Drive

... and the ones I ordered from Crannog ales aren't even here yet...

Oh well I guess I'm playing the waiting game!

Stupid me and my liking for the German noble hops...

ruf1

Doc_Drive wrote:... and the ones I ordered from Crannog ales aren't even here yet...

Oh well I guess I'm playing the waiting game!

Stupid me and my liking for the German noble hops...
well at least you got some some nobles,good choice,i put one hallertauer in last year,good luck with them doc... :cheers:

Doc_Drive

I have a Tettnang from last year that died in the summer heat while I was gone for my wedding and I ordered a Hallertau that will be replacing my Nugget (if I can get it out of the ground intact and to my buddy who has "such a high south-facing wall that collects all the heat that I'm dying")...

ruf1

i was thinking of shutting down the rhizome sales after this weekend but im still getting orders from craigslist ,met with with a couple this a.m at metrotown and they seemed like 2 kids in a candy store when they saw the rhizomes,smiles ear to ear and thanking me like i was their god.then i left the parking lot and ran over some construction debree and killed a brand new tire that was installed last week, :facepalm: now i need sales to pay for that tire,ha ha........ :cheers:

Winger
Favourite Beer: BEER

Post by Winger » 4 years ago

ruf1 wrote:i was thinking of shutting down the rhizome sales after this weekend but im still getting orders from craigslist ,met with with a couple this a.m at metrotown and they seemed like 2 kids in a candy store when they saw the rhizomes,smiles ear to ear and thanking me like i was their god.then i left the parking lot and ran over some construction debree and killed a brand new tire that was installed last week, :facepalm: now i need sales to pay for that tire,ha ha........ :cheers:

You may soon be the object of some ambitious vice investigators, meeting kids in parking lots and selling baggies from the back of your car. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Loose Screw

Post by Loose Screw » 4 years ago

I wish I had gotten some cascade and centennial from ya, its a little late now so I guess I will get some next year. good luck selling the rest.

ruf1

Loose Screw wrote:I wish I had gotten some cascade and centennial from ya, its a little late now so I guess I will get some next year. good luck selling the rest.
thx, loosescrew. only ones left are mt hood,chnook,golding,fuggle. the rest are going in pots as soon as i can get it done,+ 1 long row in the garden,probably hoods& chinook,pulling the adds on craigslist and kijiji,though i did get one response from kijiji yesterday. thanks for the orders guys,i hope they do really well for you..... :cheers: