One Gallon Recipe

Share your favourite homebrew recipes with other Canadian Home Brewers.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Steam Beer

One Gallon Recipe

Post #1 by Reignman » 2 years ago

I am going to buy a few one gallon jugs this winter to brew some specialty beers to age down in my basement. I can scale down most of them from 5 to1 gallons, but am having trouble about using specialty ingredients. I plan on making a chocolate cherry stout. I will add the cherry extract in small portions to taste when I keg it. I don't know how much cacao nibs and vanilla bean to add to my secondary. Anyone brew one gallon recipes? Most of these batches will be high gravity. 1.060 - 1.075. I have 40 Beaus bottles sitting down in my basement waiting to be used.
Reignman

Re: One Gallon Recipe

Post #2 by Reignman » 2 years ago

I saw a recipe for 5 gallons that used 113 grams of cacao nibs. I guess I will use 28 g and see how it goes.
Reignman

Re: One Gallon Recipe

Post #3 by Reignman » 1 year ago

I made 2 one gallon stouts that last couple of days. I used Mauribrew 514 yeast ( 500 gram brick ) which Canada Malting gave me before they closed in Peterborough. It was 2 years out of date. I didn't rehydrate it, so I added 20 grams to each jug and waited to see if it would work. It did work!! Crazy activity though. I lost 25% to the blow off bucket. The thing is, they seem to be done after only 2 days. Is this normal for a 1 gallon recipe, or did I just use too much yeast?

Return to “Beer Recipes”