Recipe Question

Share your favourite homebrew recipes with other Canadian Home Brewers.
Patrickivan
Favourite Beer: My Weissbier

Recipe Question

Post by Patrickivan »

Hi

Any recommendations for recipes like Keith's hop series? Or better yet, like the types brewed and sold at Sawdust City Brewery in Gravenhurst? God I love their Ales, but they're a 3 hour round trip and only one of their Ales makes it to a nearby LCBO. The Lone Pines IPA I think it was. Damn, they're good!

Though being new at this with one all grain in the bucket right now, am I getting ahead of myself?
"I drink to make people interesting"

George Nathan

ECH
Favourite Beer: IPA
Location: Hanwell, New Brunswick (just outside of Fredericton)

Re: Recipe Question

Post by ECH »

Honestly, e-mail the company and ask them. Someone like Keith's probably won't respond, being a bigger company, they don't want you making it, they want you buying their brand, however someone like Sawdust City might help you out.

I know I have contacted a few in the past, and they have been very helpful in giving a list of ingredients. They aren't going to give you amounts, as it wouldn't do you any good anyway, but a list of grains used, hops, yeast, ABV and IBU and you can put something together on Beersmith that will be a pretty close approximation.

E-mail just takes time, and all they can do is say no.

As well, if you have Beersmith, there are a ton of clone recipes on there, as well there is a Clone Beer book out there, as well as quite a few other websites that have clone recipes.

oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

Re: Recipe Question

Post by oro »

Patrickivan wrote:Hi

Any recommendations for recipes like Keith's hop series? Or better yet, like the types brewed and sold at Sawdust City Brewery in Gravenhurst? God I love their Ales, but they're a 3 hour round trip and only one of their Ales makes it to a nearby LCBO. The Lone Pines IPA I think it was. Damn, they're good!

Though being new at this with one all grain in the bucket right now, am I getting ahead of myself?
Saw Dust city is a fantastic brewery - I have a Lone Pine recipe I made, very close to there's- not at home right now to post it but will try to remember tonight, if its not posted send me a PM as a reminder
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...