Hops Connect - BC Hops Supplier

Do you run or know of an online home brew supply shop? List it in this forum with a description of what they sell and where they are based.

How Often Do You Brew?

Poll ended at |26 Jun 2013|, 17:33

About to pop my wort cherry!
No votes
I've dabbled a bit!
40%
My head's always in a kettle!
60%

Total votes: 5

HopsConnect
Favourite Beer: IPA

Hops Connect - BC Hops Supplier

Post by HopsConnect »

Hey Everyone...Daniel from Hops Connect here!

Hops Connect is a new grower, processor & distributor of hops in Canada. Located just 15mins north of Whistler in Pemberton, we have our pelletizing, packaging & storage facility. We proudly supply the highest quality hops to Craft Breweries, U-brew Retailers & Homebrewers nationwide, offering a wide variety of whole leaf hops, T90 pellets, and at this time of the year a great supply of rhizomes.

Check us out at http://www.hopsconnect.com or Call our HopLine 604-358-HOPS(4677)
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/HopsConnect
Twitter: @HopsConnect

Cheers & Hoppy Brewing!
Daniel
daniel@hopsconnect.com
Attachments
Hops Connect - CBA_Ad2.jpg

Doc_Drive
Favourite Beer: German wheat

Re: Hops Connect - BC Hops Supplier

Post by Doc_Drive »

Hi Daniel,

Nice website! I might order some leaf hops from you sometime this year (I still have a bunch of pellets that I need to go through first).

The only error I found on your website is the description of your Hallertauer hops...

You have the "tradition" variety as headline and the description is for Hallertauer "Mittelfrueh" (middle to early-ripening is "mittel bis frueh" in German)...

Just a little cosmetic remark in my eyes, I think...

HopsConnect

Post by HopsConnect »

Hi Doc-Drive,

Thanks for the reply, and happy to hear you like our site!

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything we can set you up with in the future. Our varietal list is continually growing and we should see it double with the 2013 harvest.

Good catch on the Tradition...we had expected Mittelfrueh to come in but switched it, apparently we missed the description online...thanks! ;)

Cheers!

Doc_Drive
Favourite Beer: German wheat

Post by Doc_Drive »

No worries, with all the sub-varieties of (especially) Hallertau, it is easy to overlook that...

I'd be extremely interested if you could get hold of Hallertau rhizomes, though.

Maybe one thing to look into? I'm finding that the Canadian rhizome supply is not quite up there yet (i.e. it could be bigger). Not liking that ordering in from the states...

HopsConnect

Post by HopsConnect »

Don't we here that point...something we hope to help change here in the Great White North!

We've planted a dozen different varietals ourselves for 2013, and with our partner growers worldwide we should have a fantastic supply of rhizomes this time next year.

Cheers!

ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post by ruf1 »

had i known you had tettnang rhizomes earlier i would have been interested, i do subscribe to your email list and i dont remember seeing tetts on the list, may be im wrong, excuse me if i am. i would really like to get some czech sazz and german perle rhizomes but dont think that they can be brought into canada,if they can be supplied to us home brewers that would be great, i did get 1 sterling as a sub for sazz but they just not the same, your 2014 line up of rhizomes will be interesting to see, could you give us a heads up of what will be available,bitterbine supplied my rhizomes this yr-5 varieties as i could not get any from leftfeilds, bitterbines emails also came out sooner than yours so i jumped on it, i have no problems spreading it around a bit and would also buy from hopsconnect if your emails came out a little sooner in the spring,also in need of bittering hops by the lb for brewing ales but i see you are out of most varieties this late in the season, this craft brewing is starting to get a lot bigger and it will be hard to keep up with demand, thank you for showing interest in canadian home brewing forum and im sure you will get positive results from the members of this forum,hoping to hear from you again daniel.....cheers