Calgary & Edmonton Home Brew Shops

Your local homebrew supply shop: whether you love it or hate it, chances are you need it. Help others find it by listing it here!
Impending Disaster
Favourite Beer: Hefeweizen

Calgary & Edmonton Home Brew Shops

Post by Impending Disaster » 5 years ago

Hi folks,
I'm heading up to Edmonton next weekend and would like to stop by a well-stocked homebrew shop. There is a very nice wine kit store here in Lethbridge but they don't do much for beer. I get good service from some online stores but if I can avoid shipping costs and spend some time browsing that would be great

I know about the The Vineyard in Calgary (although I've never been) but I'm hoping to avoid detours into Calgary to save time (and I ALWAYS get lost), but I will stop if time allows.

I'm going to be looking for some all grain ingredients, brew kettles, various brew day bits and bobs, and corney kegs if any can be had.

If anyone could let me know their favorite Edm (or calgary) shops, I'd be truly grateful.

Jim
Nonsense is nonsense but the history of nonsense is scholarship

Doc_Drive
Favourite Beer: German wheat

Re: Calgary & Edmonton Home Brew Shops

Post by Doc_Drive » 5 years ago

If you're driving from Lethbridge to Edmonton, you're taking the QE2... It is about a 10 minute detour in Calgary (round trip) from the Deerfoot Trail (QE2) to the Vineyard...

It is hard to miss... ;)

Winger
Favourite Beer: BEER

Post by Winger » 5 years ago

Definitely stop at Winning Wines Plus in Lenrdum (near Southgate Mall) just off 111th Av. They have a great selection of grains, yeast, hops, and equipment, probably the best source in Edmonton. :cheers:
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

jamatron
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by jamatron » 5 years ago

Winger wrote:Definitely stop at Winning Wines Plus in Lenrdum (near Southgate Mall) just off 111th Av. They have a great selection of grains, yeast, hops, and equipment, probably the best source in Edmonton. :cheers:
+1.....all the grain, yeast ,kegging stuff you need they even have some blichman stuff.
Beer won't solve your problems...but neither will milk!
-Flying Monkeys

jamatron
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by jamatron » 5 years ago

jamatron wrote:
Winger wrote:Definitely stop at Winning Wines Plus in Lenrdum (near Southgate Mall) just off 111th Av. They have a great selection of grains, yeast, hops, and equipment, probably the best source in Edmonton. :cheers:
+1.....all the grain, yeast ,kegging stuff you need they even have some blichman stuff.

oh and its just off 111 st. not ave ;)
Beer won't solve your problems...but neither will milk!
-Flying Monkeys

OldNelly
Favourite Beer: The one in hand

Post by OldNelly » 5 years ago

Doc_Drive wrote:If you're driving from Lethbridge to Edmonton, you're taking the QE2... It is about a 10 minute detour in Calgary (round trip) from the Deerfoot Trail (QE2) to the Vineyard...

It is hard to miss... ;)

That's if the QE2 in moving, which it usually isn't.
Whitlock Brewing Co.

Winger
Favourite Beer: BEER

Post by Winger » 5 years ago

jamatron wrote:
Oh right!! Sorry for the confusion, like jamatron says 111 st
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

Doc_Drive
Favourite Beer: German wheat

Post by Doc_Drive » 5 years ago

OldNelly wrote:
Doc_Drive wrote:If you're driving from Lethbridge to Edmonton, you're taking the QE2... It is about a 10 minute detour in Calgary (round trip) from the Deerfoot Trail (QE2) to the Vineyard...

It is hard to miss... ;)

That's if the QE2 in moving, which it usually isn't.
Taking it every day and I have to say - the new ring road segment has made a huge difference to my commute! But it can be quite sticky towards the north end going north, I agree...

Impending Disaster
Favourite Beer: Hefeweizen

Post by Impending Disaster » 5 years ago

Thanks for the tips. I think I'm going to try the ring road going north and probably come into Calgary on the way south on Saturday and try to get to the Vineyard. I will definitely get to WInning Wines. I will be looking for some keg bits along with some ingredients. Hopefully the Mrs. won't spend all our loot at Ikea. I loves her dearly but she just has no sense of priorities whatsoever.
Nonsense is nonsense but the history of nonsense is scholarship

Ernest
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post by Ernest » 4 years ago

Hey. Sorry it's not exactly related but I gonna be in Edmonton and I would like to go buy some GOOD craft beers. Is there any really good store with many interesting craft beers? Or making things simple - which store would you recommend most?
Prairie Dog
Winnipeg, MB, Canada | Warszawa, Poland