OBK good experience

Your local homebrew supply shop: whether you love it or hate it, chances are you need it. Help others find it by listing it here!
oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

OBK good experience

Post by oro » 5 years ago

First time ordering grain online - ordered 9 lbs late Saturday night and the grain arrived today! that's fast shipping at a decent price :cheers:

Would like an option of crushing when ordering - but there great service outweighs that minor concern, and only means I obviously need more brewing equipment :D

Will be ordering from OBK again
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Re: OBK good experience

Post by Warthaug » 5 years ago

They used to have the option for crushing the grain - are you sure you didn't miss the button?

Bryan
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

oro

did not see it, I wrote on the order to crush, not a big deal - you cant complain when there is a discount, uber fast shipping, and what looks and smells to be real nice grain

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post by Warthaug » 5 years ago

That is true - I've always been happy with the quality of the goods and speed of delivery OBK provides.

Bryan
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman » 5 years ago

They now have a "deal of the day".

OntarioBeerkegs

Post by OntarioBeerkegs » 5 years ago

Thank you for the kind words. Just going to take a moment to expand on the three main points I saw here.

Unfortunately our model is not capable of being viable with crushing grains we learned this the hard way. Most of you folks have likely seen a bulk buy sheet and know that everything except the base grain is sold at cost or much less after packaging, manpower, CC fee's, ETC. When we had the crush option it was costing thousands a month in costs and collecting crush fees far less to cover it (new packaging material and manpower). We can not offer these prices with crushing any longer. We do however offer mills starting at 44.99 that at our grain costs will pay for themselves in four to five brews. Our grains should be double the price, but we like being able to offer along a nice discount.

Our "Deal of the Day" is a new feature we are playing with. Today was a random free White Labs yeast for 0 cents with any order. We have some exciting plans for this feature so might want to bookmark it so can check daily. Would really suck if missed that Super deal that screams ME!
https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/dealoftheday.asp

We use a chartered truck to take packages daily from Mitchell our Mitchell warehouse in the middle of nowhere to Mississauga's Canada Post sort center daily. Since we skip multiple steps in the mail routing process (local post office scan in,scan out, delivery to collector, collector to Mississauga) it allows parcels to be en-route to your local post office overnight. Most Ontario and Quebec locations enjoy overnight delivery. No other homebrew store in Canada has more effective shipping then we do.

Keep your stick on the ice,
Patrick.
Canadian Homebrew Supplies
www.ontariobeerkegs.com
www.brewpump.com
1 855 KEG BEER

oro

I saw the mill you have, I think I will wait for the other mill you have for $100 - I can understand your crushing policy and would rather get your great prices and super fast shipping than milling.

Keep up the great work!

oro

Post by oro » 4 years ago

Just wanted to add to this, I ordered a cheaper corn mill from OBK - I was really disappointed with it OBK took it back no issue.

Few days later I ordered what I should have to begin with a OBKrusher, my mill came with some damage - damage that can be fixed with some elbow grease. I told Patrick and he responded quickly and we worked out a deal that was good for both of us - this was all done without haggling, without stress. A win/win

I work in the service industry, I deal with issues everyday and solve those issues keeping customers coming back even after a rough experience. I find the team at OBK has the same attitude, great service and smooth resolution.

Thanks again to the OBK team, service is the competitive edge in today's market :cheers:

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman » 4 years ago

That is why I have no problem ordering anything from OBK. This past summer I ordered some liquid yeast and one was cracked. He replaced it right away.

Baulz
Favourite Beer: Mine

Post by Baulz » 4 years ago

I have never had a problem with my orders from OBK. What I don't understand is how stuff gets shipped to me so fast. Last order I picked the cheapest shipping option and it was still only 2 days.