The Brew Kettle - Peterborough, ON

Your local homebrew supply shop: whether you love it or hate it, chances are you need it. Help others find it by listing it here!
oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

Re: The Brew Kettle - Peterborough, ON

Post by oro » 4 years ago

^ thats some good service right there
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...

Mot

Post by Mot » 4 years ago

Would the brew kettle carry fruit extracts for brewing or should check at Kelsey's?

Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 4 years ago

Never seen anything of the sort. They really haven't got what I would consider to be a great selection of homebrew ingredients, especially for the all-grain brewer. If you're brewing with extract, they've got enough stuff to make beer, but very little in the way of specialty ingredients.

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Bitters

Post by Reignman » 4 years ago

If you do buy beer ingredients at Brew Kettle, watch the date. Some of the Coopers kits were 2 years old and the Nottingham yeast I bought was 2 years after the BB date. Dave the owner mentioned to me he might start selling extract in pails.

Mot

sorry better clarify, small bottles like vinilla or rum, mint etc. baking ilse sized bottle. looking for a rasberry extract for an upcomming fruit beer experiment

Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 4 years ago

Mot wrote:sorry better clarify, small bottles like vinilla or rum, mint etc. baking ilse sized bottle. looking for a rasberry extract for an upcomming fruit beer experiment
You'd be better off looking for something like that in either the baking aisle at a grocery store, or a bulk food or health food store. To be perfectly honest, I've never heard of raspberry extract. Is there a specific reason you're avoiding the use of real fruit?

Mot

the extratct is to be added right near the end of fermenting last couple days to boost the fruit flavour of the final beer. the recipe calls for fruit to be pureid and added at about week two of fermenting. fairly simple mr beer recipe but a lot of people say that they loose a lot of fruit flavor in the final week or so of fermenting and adding the extract is a way of keeping the fruityness

Reignman

Check out toronto brewing, I think they sell extracts you are looking for.

Mot

cheked them out, could not find any liquid fruit extract, thanks for putting me onto an other shop, i'll check them out futher when i visit my folks in t.o.

Reignman