Ottawa MoB and Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition

Are you part of a Canadian homebrewing club or association? Tell us about it!
brewpaul
Favourite Beer: Saison

Ottawa MoB and Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition

Post #1 by brewpaul » 2 years ago

Howdy,

Name's Paul. I'm a volunteer working for the Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition, presented by the Members of Barleyment (Ottawa Homebrew Club)

3rd Annual Members of Barleyment & Beau’s Oktoberfest Annual Homebrew Competition - 2015: Get your brews ready!

The Members of Barleyment (MoB) are pleased to announce the 2015 edition of the annual MoB & Beau’s Oktoberfest Homebrewing Competition.

The grand prize winner of the BJCP competition will have the honour of brewing their winning recipe at Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company on a commercial level. The winner of the People’s Choice competition will also be invited to brew their recipe on the “pilot batch” system at Beau’s, and will have their beer sold at Beau’s brewery retail store (as well as receive some bottles of their collaborative brew). Additional prizes (to be announced) will be offered up by other breweries and homebrew suppliers. Stay tuned for further prize details! Details for the competition are developing on the daily on our website: http://comp.barleyment.ca/.

As with last year, we plan to have our competition included in the Brewer of the Year (http://www.breweroftheyear.com/) competition!

This event is 2 competitions in 1!

The first is a BJCP-sanctioned competition:
● All beer style categories in the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines will be accepted (Categories 1-34, excluding 34A).
● Each brewer can submit a maximum of one entry per subcategory.

The second is a People's Choice competition:
● Attendees of Beau’s Oktoberfest 2015 will take part in judging your homebrew!
● The People’s Choice Judging promotes beer literacy by getting craft beer fans to judge competition-worthy homebrew and consult the BJCP guidelines.
● Details of People’s Choice entries will be provided in a later announcement.

Entry Deadline is Saturday, September 5, 2015.

Stay tuned! More details to follow.
brewpaul

Re: Ottawa MoB and Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrew Competition

Post #2 by brewpaul » 2 years ago

Howdy,

Just providing an update from the Members of Barleyment and Beau's Oktoberfest regarding the upcoming Homebrew competition!

Registration for the Homebrew competition will open on August 1st, 2015. Once registration goes live, we will provide another update with the registration link where you can register and identify all your entries. All participants must register online and submit (mail or hand-deliver) their entries between Aug 1st and Sept 5th, 2015.

As previously mentioned, entries will be judged against the 2015 BJCP Guidelines and you may enter a maximum of one beer per subcategory.

This competition is still a 2 in 1 event: a BJCP competition, and a People's Choice competition. We're excited to announce that this year, for the first time, the winner of the People's Choice Competition will have the opportunity to brew a commercial batch of their winning beer on Beau's pilot brew system, which will then be sold at the Beau's retail store.

Remember to keep checking in to the http://comp.barleyment.ca website for developments on the competition and to see some of our new sponsors! Links to the registration site with be posted on our main site, and I will also post them directly for your convenience.

Thanks,
Paul Tanguay.
bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post #3 by bellybuster » 2 years ago

am I correct that this is stating a 4 day entry window? I've had letters take longer than that from within Ontario.
Dave
Favourite Beer: mine

Post #4 by Dave » 2 years ago

Aug 1st and Sept 5th, 2015
bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post #5 by bellybuster » 2 years ago

I tell ya... The older I get the worse I comprehend what's right in front of me. Thanks for the correction.
brewpaul

Post #6 by brewpaul » 2 years ago

LOL - I do believe I will have to setup another competition with such a short window. It'll be a way to only have only the super organized folks manage to get an entry in, and keep all the riff raff with "social lives" and "family" out of the competition :p
brewpaul

Post #7 by brewpaul » 2 years ago

Hello,

Just a friendly reminder that registration for the MoB & Beau's Oktoberfest Homebrewing Competition is now OPEN! The registration site is found at http://comp.barleyment.ca/competition/

Thanks!
Paul.

Return to “Homebrewing Clubs & Associations”