Relocating my Brewery (Moving to Ottawa)

General chit chat forum that may or may not relate to homebrewing.
Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Relocating my Brewery (Moving to Ottawa)

Post #1 by Mr_Tastyfish » 2 years ago

So it looks like Ms_Tastyfish and I are going to be packing up and moving to Ottawa in the very near future... It's going to be quite an adjustment, but if all goes well it should be somewhat of an upgrade as far as homebrewing is concerned. I may even end up with a garage that I can set up shop in!
I hear the city has a pretty active homebrew community, and at least a couple different places to pick up ingredients and supplies. I'm looking forward to checking out everything our nation's capitol has to offer, when I get there.
:cheers:
ben58
Favourite Beer: APA

Re: Relocating my Brewery (Moving to Ottawa)

Post #2 by ben58 » 2 years ago

OK, now who am I going to brew with, fish with and have a generally good time with when I retire that way? It's only 3 years and 9 months away!
Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Post #3 by Venari » 2 years ago

I'd be interested in meeting you and checking out your setup once you're settled in :)
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?
Mr_Tastyfish

Post #4 by Mr_Tastyfish » 2 years ago

Sounds like a great idea, Venari. We've settled on an address in Orleans, and plan to move just after thanksgiving weekend. Time to start packing. :)
Mr_Tastyfish

Post #5 by Mr_Tastyfish » 1 year ago

It's now been just over a month since the move, and I think I have everything in place to try my first brew-day in the new location. I'm excited to have an attached garage for winter brewing. I'll no longer be limited to fair-weather brew-days. Unfortunately, I had to dispose of my harvested yeast collection during the move. So I'll need to stop into a LHBS for a packet of US-05. Other than that, I've got plenty of leftover malt and hops that really should be used up in some sort of abomination beer. I'll be sticking with the old turkey-fryer BIAB setup that I've been using previously, but with a new 2-pulley hoist system for easier lifting. Also, I finally mounted my corona-style mill into a 17L pail to make it a little simpler to operate. I'm eager to get at least one fermentor on the go before the holiday season arrives.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Steam Beer

Post #6 by Reignman » 1 year ago

Are you going to join the MOB? If not, they'll make you an offer you can't refuse.
Mr_Tastyfish

Post #7 by Mr_Tastyfish » 1 year ago

I haven't joined yet, but had thought about it. Their online presence seems to still be a bit of a mystery to me.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Steam Beer

Post #8 by Reignman » 1 year ago

Return to “Off-Topic Chat”