Difficulty in moving across provincial borders

General chit chat forum that may or may not relate to homebrewing.
oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

Re: Difficulty in moving across provincial borders

Post by oro » 3 years ago

the best was when my health card and drivers expired, needed the drivers to get my health card, and the health card to get my drivers....but since both were expired couldn't get either done. After 2 weeks a person at service told me all we need is a bank statement with your name on it, how is that considered valid ID?

my wife needed a new birth certificate, needed to have a paper signed by people you have been close friends with in the province for over 10 years, has to be a cop, judge, lawyer.....we just moved here so how do we know these people? she was baby sitting for a OPP he said he would sign the paper, but after reading the paper he couldn't do it because he wasn't a Canadian citizen!!! but he was ok to be a OPP.

good luck man, you are in the province of paper work and screw ups
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...

bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by bellybuster » 3 years ago

Funny, I've had pretty much the exact opposite experience. Show up with your ducks in a row and its in and out easy peasy. All the ducks ar clearly identified on the web page and flyers.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio » 3 years ago

When I moved to alberta I had some trouble. Not having a rental agreement I had to have a utility bill. As I couldn't come up with one of those, as I was renting off of a relative for cash, I tried a pay stub with my mailing address on it. Still wouldn't accept it. I had to wait until I owned a house, 5 months later, before I could become a resident of alberta. It was quite fun going for medical appointments...
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Destined for the drain
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Brown Sour

Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Post by Venari » 2 years ago

Update: I've requested a "certificate" from Nunavut, and instead received a certified copy of the court document I have.

I brought that to DriveTest thinking if I showed them the email saying this is all they have, perhaps they'll reconsider their position.

They did not. Even their superiors have said this is not good enough.

i've explained that this is how Nunavut does things, and this is a court document from the government. Even showed them my passport with the new name on it, and all they said to that was "it's not as secure as a driver's license is". So I pointed to my Nunavut driver's license that they had in their hand and said that's a driver's license with the new name on it, and they didn't feel it wasn't proof enough of my identity (Nunavut driver's licenses are printed on the same cards with the same security features of an Ontario license).

What they want is a document that doesn't exist. They don't understand that what they're asking for doesn't exist.
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?

bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by bellybuster » 2 years ago

Venari, sorry for your troubles. You now need to contact the ombudsman. They will sort you out for sure.
https://www.ombudsman.on.ca/Home.aspx