Brown Crown Bottles

Just starting out? Find answers to commonly asked homebrewing questions here!
Hussmann Brewing
Favourite Beer: Honey Brown Lager

Brown Crown Bottles

Post #1 by Hussmann Brewing » 3 years ago

Hey there guys! I've been home brewing while I was living in Sydney Australia, but I have returned to Canada a short time ago and I'm looking to start up again. I used to work in a bar which spoiled me for access to brown glass bottles with crown tops, but now that I'm studying, I find it difficult to nail down a supply!

What I'm looking for are plain, un-embossed, 355mL, crown top, brown glass bottles. A tall order I know, but if anyone knows a particular brand of beer that comes in this packaging please let me know! I am firmly of the mind that I don't want to buy empty bottles from a brew shop because when you buy beer here in BC, it comes with a bottle!

Thanks for any and all information,

HB
D_Rickards
Favourite Beer: Porter

Re: Brown Crown Bottles

Post #2 by D_Rickards » 3 years ago

Lots of craft brewers use this style of bottle, even more common in the US.

In Ontario Muskoka and Flying Monkey's comes to mind. Bells and Great Lakes in the US.

Go to your local beer store and keep sampling till you find the bottles you want. :drunk:

DR
Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post #3 by Mr_Tastyfish » 3 years ago

Most of mine came from Muskoka. They make some pretty good beers, but the labels are a bit of a pain to remove.
In The Fermentors...
Air n' sanitizer
In The Bottles...
Winter Porter
Juicin' IPA
Blonde Ale
Apple Cider #2
Raspberry, Orange and Tangerine Mead
Cooper's Ginger Beer

Plus a wide selection of wines made by Ms_Tastyfish
Winger
Favourite Beer: BEER

Post #4 by Winger » 3 years ago

D_Rickards wrote:Lots of craft brewers use this style of bottle, even more common in the US.

In Ontario Muskoka and Flying Monkey's comes to mind. Bells and Great Lakes in the US.

Go to your local beer store and keep sampling till you find the bottles you want. :drunk:

DR

Unfortunately Flying Monkey doesn't seem to be in the Government stores here in BC. At least not 'Smashbomb Atomic IPA'. :O
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
Iceman
Favourite Beer: Peche Mortel

Post #5 by Iceman » 3 years ago

Most of my bottles are Muskoka as well. Fill the bottles with warm water and the label/stickers come off really easy.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
Bottled: Belgian Strong Dark Ale, Orange Blossom Saison, Belgian Dubbel, Robust Porter
Primary: American IPA, English Pale Ale
Up Next: Black IPA, Belgian Blonde Ale

Return to “Newbie FAQs”