For primary (1 gallon glass jug):
- 3L fresh-pressed apple cider (Costco has a good pressed cider available)
- 1L PC Organics pure cranberry juice
- ¼ can frozen apple juice concentrate
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon acid blend
- ¼ teaspoon pectic enzyme
- ¼ teaspoon yeast nutrient
- ¼ teaspoon yeast (Lavlin EC1118? Nottingham Ale Yeast? Not sure which one to go with)
I will rack to secondary in another gallon jug once fermentation settles down in the primary and leave for about 2 weeks before bottling (will be sanitizing everything of course). The cider will be bottled in 500ml Hacker-Pschorr swing-top beer bottles, with ¼ teaspoon dextrose in each one for back-carbonation. I’ll try to wait a couple more weeks after bottling before sampling.
Any tips, tricks, warnings, etc. would be appreciated! Looking forward to chatting more about home brewing!
- Posts: 803
- Joined: |13 May 2012|, 11:36
- Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales
- Location: Barrie Ont CA
Phosphorous sulfate are some of the perservitives to watch for in store bought juices.