Forbiden Wine!?!

A general forum for making wine, cider, and mead at home.
SmokeyMcB
Favourite Beer: None

Forbiden Wine!?!

Post #1 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

In the spirit of this:

XXXXX wrote:
You may ask whatever you feel like asking.

I have a question on a subject that maybe a little taboo here and if it is, go ahead and delete this thread. Anyway, without further adue...

So, I've been thinking about making a wine from mj. I'm a medical license holder and have access to decient amounts of stems and trim that normally doesn't get used for much. I've googled around and pretty much the only wine recipe I've come up with is

Ingredients:

2 gallons boiling water (spring water is best)

4 - 8 ounces (fresh) marijauna stalks, leaves, branches

5 pounds sugar OR 8 pounds honey

3 oranges, sliced

3 lemons, sliced

2 cakes yeast (get this from a wine & beer store)

Preparation:

Place fresh cannabis in the boiling water, add sugar, orange and lemon slices, remove from heat and let stand for several days. Add yeast after straining into a clean container - a crock, glass jug, or carboy (get from beermaking store). Then let the mixture ferment for at least two weeks (4 is better) before racking and corking.

but it just doesn't sound right. I've gotta do some more research but I was thinking about trying to adapt maybe a dandelion wine recipe to mj? I also wanna ferment on the plant material as opposed to straining before fermenting. Anyone have any suggestions or maybe have already done this before? I found the recipe on several different mj forums but the people who said they started it never came back to update about the finished product.

Thanks in advance for any advise. Any and all tips on fermenting leafy veggies would be greatly appreciated. Lol.
If you blame life, you blame who give it. So don't blame life, blame the way how you live it!
blaster
Favourite Beer: smoked

Re: Forbiden Wine!?!

Post #2 by blaster » 3 years ago

In stead of wine why not beerjuana. I have never done it but it seems possible. The hop plant is from to the cannabis family. So why not substitute. I would guess that you would want to put it in the boil the same as a hop and if you wanted to leave it to ferment with the cannabis that should be fine - since it went through boil.

Just thinking out loud.
Winger
Favourite Beer: BEER

Post #3 by Winger » 3 years ago

blaster wrote:In stead of wine why not beerjuana. I have never done it but it seems possible. The hop plant is from to the cannabis family. So why not substitute. I would guess that you would want to put it in the boil the same as a hop and if you wanted to leave it to ferment with the cannabis that should be fine - since it went through boil.

Just thinking out loud.

I think you are on the right track. A simple lite 2 row malted barley should be fine. Substitute the hops for MJ and dry MJ for extra "aroma" :D mmm Gives a whole new meaning to "BC BUD".
Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.
SmokeyMcB

Post #4 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

Hey guys, thanks for the replies!

I had thought about going the beer route, using the MJ as hops and may do it at some point. The reason I wanted to try the wine is because THC (one of the "feel good" elements in MJ) is alcohol soluible. So as the plant material goes through the fermentation process and is contacted by the incressingly more alcoholic liquid, the THC should be extracted into the wine. Thus giving you more than just the regular good wine feeling lol. To boil it in beer would probably be delicious and all but would not add anything to the buzz of the beer.

Someone on another forum turned me onto a recipe for wine made from the stalks, leaves and stems of grape plants. I'm gonna research around this topic and see what I can find.

Again, thanks for the replies guys.
If you blame life, you blame who give it. So don't blame life, blame the way how you live it!
XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post #5 by XXXXX » 3 years ago

I have no problem with this thread.
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*
SmokeyMcB

Post #6 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

XXXXX wrote:I have no problem with this thread.

Thanks X......
blaster

Post #7 by blaster » 3 years ago

check out this link -

http://www.thrillist.com/drink/nation/h ... ist-nation

there is also a recipe.
SmokeyMcB

Post #8 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

very nice blaster!! thanks for the link, i'll probably give that a go eventually but i'm still thinkin wine for this material. the beer recipe seems to need good bud (about 3/4 oz) but thats not what i got here to play with. i've got close to 20 oz of frozen wet leaves and stems. I'm thinking of doing a 3 gal batch, i'll mix it with a little lemon and orange juice. maybe a bit of apple juice as well. the material is pretty worthless so i'm just gonna make it up as i go along lol. might still turn out good.

*i did save the bud beer recipe though*
blaster

Post #9 by blaster » 3 years ago

Make sure u give us updates. I would like to know how it turns out.
SmokeyMcB

Post #10 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

Will do....

Return to “Wine, Cider, and Mead”