Wine Time

A general forum for making wine, cider, and mead at home.
bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Re: Wine Time

Post #11 by bellybuster » 3 years ago

SmokeyMcB wrote: The parents of ugly children seldom realize their kids are lol.

haha, I've got one thinks she can sing, I'm gonna send her to American Idol.

seriously though, sugar is sugar and fruit sugars make wine, some good some bad. Playing has created some of the finest.
JimmehBrew
Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales

Re: What's everyone brewing?

Post #12 by JimmehBrew » 3 years ago

Well we added the fruit juice to each 5gal batch, Strawberry, Peach and Lemonade. They are pretty tart still and will mellow in time , but next time I'll leave the oak chips out of the kit.
bellybuster

Post #13 by bellybuster » 3 years ago

Sounds yummy, that tartness may just be the ticket once carbonated.
JimmehBrew

Post #14 by JimmehBrew » 3 years ago

Finally bottled up my Red wine this morning, 30 bottles of red ready and when I fermented this one I added oak from the white wine kit that I had. I'll post a glass pic later.

How about you wine 'rs
SmokeyMcB
Favourite Beer: None

Post #15 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

I just racked my banana and blood orange and will soon bottle the mixed fruit and 5 alive. I haven't had any time to make anything new because I've been trying to set up my spare bedroom brewery but I'm hoping to get back at it real soon.
IMG-20140420-00065.jpg
If you blame life, you blame who give it. So don't blame life, blame the way how you live it!
Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Post #16 by Mr_Tastyfish » 3 years ago

Ms. Tastyfish is just waiting on her latest peach chardonnay to clear. It's one of those fruit-flavoured wine kits with about 2lbs of puree'd frozen peaches tossed into primary. Also, currently fermenting another apple cider. This one is 18L of PC apple cider (cleaned out the local superstore) and 6 puree'd granny smith apples, no sugar, Nottingham yeast.
In The Fermentors...
India Pale Lager
Tap #1
Vienna Lager
Tap #2
Star-San
In The Bottles...
Winter Porter
Juicin' IPA
Blonde Ale
Apple Cider #2
Raspberry, Orange and Tangerine Mead
Cooper's Ginger Beer

Plus a wide selection of wines made by Ms_Tastyfish
bellybuster

Post #17 by bellybuster » 3 years ago

I have a carboy of white that is awaiting the dreaded bottling process. Also have a carboy of melomel in secondary.
JimmehBrew

Post #18 by JimmehBrew » 3 years ago

bellybuster wrote:I have a carboy of white that is awaiting the dreaded bottling process. Also have a carboy of melomel in secondary.

Belly when you turn mead into melomel, does the process still take a year to mellow like mead does ?
SmokeyMcB
Favourite Beer: None

Post #19 by SmokeyMcB » 3 years ago

I bottled (and mini kegged) my 5 alive and mixed fresh fruit hooch yesterday. I added 4oz corn sugar because I like when the bubbles tickle my nose lol!! Ended up with 2 mini kegs, 11 one liter bottles and a 500ml plastic bottle (to test for carbonation). It tasted pretty good but I didn't try before the priming sugar went in, only after. On the plus side, if it doesn't carbonate because of the old yeast, its not too sweet to drink as it.

IMG-20140430-00067.jpg

IMG-20140430-00069.jpg

IMG-20140430-00070.jpg
If you blame life, you blame who give it. So don't blame life, blame the way how you live it!
bellybuster

Post #20 by bellybuster » 3 years ago

JimmehBrew wrote:
bellybuster wrote:I have a carboy of white that is awaiting the dreaded bottling process. Also have a carboy of melomel in secondary.

Belly when you turn mead into melomel, does the process still take a year to mellow like mead does ?

sorry, missed this.
As far as I'm concerned yes, I don't even think about the carboy for a year. Just have to remember to look at the level in the airlock occasionally. I'll keg it after that and still find the last bit of the keg is even better. If I could I'd leave it in secondary for 2 years but I don't have that kind of patience.

Return to “Wine, Cider, and Mead”