Hard Lemonade

A general forum for making wine, cider, and mead at home.
brwmistr
Favourite Beer: English Bitter

Hard Lemonade

Post by brwmistr » 5 years ago

I think I have a hard lemonade that is either slow or stuck due to the acid content. I thought I would add more yeast nutrient to it to give it a kick or should I stir the sugar up that is on the bottom?

lylo
Favourite Beer: SN Pale Ale

Re: Hard Lemonade

Post by lylo » 5 years ago

I had the same problem last year and repitched with more yeast. I really helps to make up a good starter too.
I don't get drunk, I get awesomer!

brwmistr

Good to know Thanks

brwmistr

What did your lemonade come out to? Mine is clearing now and it's at 7.75% but not much pink color anymore just a pale almost see thru.

brwmistr

So at bottling this was very tart from the acid to serve I took another can of concentrate and added two liters of fermented and mixed it. This was not bad and packed a punch. If I make this again I will use a different yeast as the 1118 yeast had an after taste even when mixed.

JimmehBrew
Favourite Beer: Bass Pale Ales

Post by JimmehBrew » 5 years ago

takes along time for this to ferment eh and the last time i DID IT i NEVER EVEN GOT TO TRY IT !!!! My wife was moving things around and clanged the hard lemonade up against another carboy and the HL smashed spilling it's contents all over the place after 3 months of working on it :facepalm: :kicknuts: :hive: :beat: :banghead: :poke: :slap:

brwmistr

Post by brwmistr » 4 years ago

Sorry for the very late report.
Mine didn't turn out had to dump it! not very happy with that result. Sorry to hear you losing a carboy. Those are getting pricey to replace.