Back in the Game!

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Back in the Game!

Post by Mr_Tastyfish » 3 months ago

Hello again, fellow brewers!

I am happy to report that after many months sorting out changes in my life, I have made a triumphant return to homebrewing!! :rockon:

The bad news is that all of my kegs have been emptied, and my kegerator is still being stored in a friend's garage... but the good news is that I just purchased a brand new Robobrew system, and it's inaugural brew is currently bubbling away in a carboy. It feels good to be back doing what I love, and I hope to be more active around here again.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Back in the Game!

Post by brhenrio » 3 months ago

It feels so good after a hiatus! Welcome back!
In the fermentor: Golden Sour,
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch
Tap 4:

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX » 3 months ago

Sounds awesome man! Welcome back to the addiction :P

I am feeling my hiatus coming to an end, too. If all goes wellz I'll be having some crisp homebrew over the summer!

How do you like the robobrew?
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Mr_Tastyfish

XXXXX wrote:
<span title="|06 May 2019|, 15:50">3 months ago</span>
Since I've downsized to an apartment, it was almost essential to my return to brewing. My old setup (which I was supposed to have used this weekend, before I picked up the robobrew) was a propane BIAB system, so it needed to be used outdoors or in a well ventilated garage. The Robobrew allowed me to do the entire brew day in my kitchen, and was really quite simple to use (after watching a few YouTube videos) considering I'd never brewed on one before.

XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post by XXXXX » 3 months ago

Mr_Tastyfish wrote:
<span title="|07 May 2019|, 00:57">3 months ago</span>
XXXXX wrote:
<span title="|06 May 2019|, 15:50">3 months ago</span>
Since I've downsized to an apartment, it was almost essential to my return to brewing. My old setup (which I was supposed to have used this weekend, before I picked up the robobrew) was a propane BIAB system, so it needed to be used outdoors or in a well ventilated garage. The Robobrew allowed me to do the entire brew day in my kitchen, and was really quite simple to use (after watching a few YouTube videos) considering I'd never brewed on one before.

Beauty! Sounds like it'll work great for you.

I've been noodling with the idea of getting one, too.

Hrmmm....
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Mr_Tastyfish

I also downloaded the trial version of Beersmith 3, to work with the new Robobrew. I used to use the BIABacus with my old setup, but felt that it wasn't ideal for Robobrew. First brew went well enough, I'll continue fine-tuning the equipment profile as I get used to brewing on the new system.