Secondary in keg

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Secondary in keg

Post by brhenrio » 10 months ago

I have an empty keg and i have a full fermentor and time to brew this weekend and will not be able to brew for a while after. Kölsch in the brewbucket is only about a week in and bubble about once every 30 seconds in the blowoff. Im not worried about the transfer because this will become the serving keg. Am i looking at potentially plugging things up when i go to serve or has enough dropped out? I dont care if my first few pints are yeasty.
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour, Gentleman's Skids Brown Ale
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Destined for the drain
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Kicked

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Re: Secondary in keg

Post by Reignman » 10 months ago

If you are careful not to get the bottom trub it won't plug things up. I cut my out tube 1/4" at the bottom. Personally, I wouldn't keg it if it isn't done yet. Did you take a hydrometer reading?

brhenrio

Just checked. 1030. Only have this one sitting at 60°f so not surprised. Wishful thinking that i could get it into secondary to free up my fermentor.
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour, Gentleman's Skids Brown Ale

brhenrio

Problem solved. Have a anvil 7.5g bucket coming expidited shipping. Should be here tuesday or wednesday.