Long fermentation

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
ukerry
Favourite Beer: Pale Ale

Long fermentation

Post by ukerry » 10 months ago

I brewed 2 Morgan's India Pale Ale. Put them in the primary fermenters on January 8. Although the instructions say to rack them in the carboys after 4 or 5 days, I waited until January 15. In the carboys, it seems like they started brewing anew even through the air locks. It finally settled down after 4 or 5 days. On the 24th, I was ready to bottle so moved the carboys on the table and the bubbles started although not for long. After a few hours, I went down and gave a little push to the carboys and again bubbles. I have never encountered this before except in the previous 2 batches which were also the same brand and type. Any ideas?

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Re: Long fermentation

Post by Reignman » 10 months ago

When you move them you are just releasing C02 that is trapped in the trub at bottom I think. Nothing to worry about. Relax, don't worry and have a homebrew.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio » 10 months ago

Shouldnt be a problem. Best way to know for sure is to ensure a stable gravity reading using a hydrometer
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour, Gentleman's Skids Brown Ale
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Destined for the drain
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Kicked

ukerry
Favourite Beer: Pale Ale

Post by ukerry » 10 months ago

Thanks