No More Indoor Brewing in Winter

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

No More Indoor Brewing in Winter

Post #1 by Reignman » 4 months ago

For the last few years I have been brewing in my laundry room in the winter months. I have only a small window and use a fan to get rid of the steam. It doesn't work that well. I am replacing my ceiling tile with a better quality tile, so now would be a good time to stop brewing beer down there. However, I am going to go back to partial extract brewing in my kitchen and boil in my garage like I used to do back in around the early 2000's. I am thinking of buying DME in 25 kg bags locally here in Peterborough. I can mash a few lbs. of 2 row and any specialty malt in my kitchen also. I do remember the beer was fine back in the day and that " extract twang " was never an issue with DME or even LME from United Canada Malt.
tire38
Favourite Beer: Coors Light

Re: No More Indoor Brewing in Winter

Post #2 by tire38 » 4 months ago

Where do you buy ingredients in the Peterborough area? I'm in Hastings and have to order everything on-line.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

Re: No More Indoor Brewing in Winter

Post #3 by Reignman » 3 months ago

TB and OBK for yeast and specialty grains. United Canada Malting for bulk bags of grain. Sometimes I will go to Toronto for the bulk grain buy.

Return to “General Beer Discussion”