What's everyone brewing?

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: What's everyone brewing?

Post #1281 by brhenrio » 8 months ago

I will be brewing a dark mild at some point this week.
2 lb 13 Oz marris otter
3 lb Ashbourne mild Malt
1 lb caramel 120
6 Oz black patent
1oz fuggles fwh
Wyeast 1275
In the fermentors: Cheaters Red Ale
Tap 1: toy soldier stout
Tap 2: A Boy Named Sue's Root Beer
Tap 3:
Up Next: NEIPA or Down the Drain Heferwiezen
Diceman
Favourite Beer: Vienna Ale

Post #1282 by Diceman » 8 months ago

Just did my first double brew day on the weekend . Total unprepared . Had to mill grains and everything
Was an 11 hour brew day . 10 gallons of Vienna lager and 10 gallons of something similar to grolsch . What a long day .
fermenter : high gravity fermented Vienna Lager , re-fermenting with abbey ale yeast . kinda experiment .
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

Post #1283 by Reignman » 7 months ago

Brewed my second Blonde Ale using 100% RO water with brewing salts. I am using Bru'n Water from Martin Brungard for the first time. I found it complicated at first, but played with it for a few weeks before brewing a simple Blonde Ale. Both are still in carboys.
Canuck
Favourite Beer: All of them

Post #1284 by Canuck » 7 months ago

My Paisley Park Raspberry Beriner Weisse.

twistandstout

Post #1285 by twistandstout » 7 months ago

I recently brewed a tropical red ale using copious amounts of citra and mosaic (2:1 ratio mosaic to citra in the dry hop). I bottled it 2 weeks ago to the day. Being inpatient, I will most likely throw one in the fridge tomorrow and have it upon returning home. It looks nice and clear and red and there appears to be a decent amount of carbonation when I shake it.

I would love to create and brew a breakfast style stout very soon. I'm currently trying to devise a recipe. I'd like it to be strong, but not too strong, around 8-9% ABV, and plan on adding oats, wheat, 2 different types of coffee (blue mountain medium roast beans and some other Arabica coffee I got my hands on), along with amber maple syrup from Quebec and possibly some chocolate...makes me drool thinking about it.

Still reading up on how and when to add coffee and maple syrup to beers as this will be my first attempt at this style. Tips would be quite welcome!
brhenrio

Post #1286 by brhenrio » 7 months ago

Canuck wrote:My Paisley Park Raspberry Beriner Weisse.

Man that looks delicious. If I ever make it out there I am definitely visiting.

As for coffee additions I understand cold pressing the coffee gets the best flavour without being too bitter.
Tap 3:
twistandstout

Post #1287 by twistandstout » 7 months ago

I just cracked open this red ale I brewed. I bottled it 2 weeks ago. The description is 2 posts above.

First impressions - colour is spot on and quite clear. Definitely smelled the mosaic and citra hops coming through at first, but I feel like that aroma was also lost in the caramel of the carared and crystal malts I used. I had intended this to be a red pale ale with an intense tropical fruit nose, but it did not turn out like this at all. Then again, I do have a slight sinus infection, so I'll have to try one when I'm healed. My taste isn't the best at the moment. It doesn't really taste hoppy to me and my wife says she only gets caramel and a moderate citrus taste. It's quite light, just around 5%ABV

This was a 2.5 gallon batch in which I dry hopped with 3 ounces of hops (2:1 ratio mosaic/citra). I had expected it to be much, much more pungent. Any advice for future batches?
Reignman

Post #1288 by Reignman » 7 months ago

Brewing a German Ale. Stock is low on grains, yeast and hops. Need to stock up soon.
brhenrio

Post #1289 by brhenrio » 7 months ago

I am going to brew a simple wiezen, try to let the yeast do the work.
Tap 3:
Reignman

Post #1290 by Reignman » 6 months ago

Brewing a bitter today. Basic ingredients, EKG, carastan, crystal 80 and a nottingham slurry, and canadian 2 row.

Return to “General Beer Discussion”