Magnetic Stir Plate

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Magnetic Stir Plate

Post by Reignman » 1 month ago

I seem to have an issue with my stir bar flying off to the sides of my 5 L flask. I have been using this for 10 years now with no problems. Now, it has decided to fly off to the side no matter what the speed is. This stir bar is the 2 inch one. I have to remove it and use the 1 inch one that came with it. Why now? The magnetic stir plate is still in the same spot I have always used it in. Starting to get on my nerves now. This is the stir plate that OBK sells and has always performed as expected.

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Magnetic Stir Plate

Post by brhenrio » 1 month ago

I have the same problem, have to start really slow, graduallly build up speed.
In the fermentor: Golden Sour,
Tap 1: Puck that Filsner; Berliner Weisse
Tap 2: Not a Pill; Lager
Tap 3: Paddockwood Kolsch
Tap 4:

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post by Warthaug » 1 month ago

Assuming its the same flask (and that it hasn't picked up a warp), the issue is likely with your stirbar or the magnets in the plate. Try buying a new bar; if that doesn't work you can try to replace the magnets
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsners

Post by Reignman » 1 month ago

Okay, thanks.

Newfous
Favourite Beer: Sessions

Post by Newfous » 1 month ago

Yeah same issue with my home build . I usually have to fiddle with moving my containers to get the magnet in its sweet spot prior starting up the plate. I really gotta get a potentiometer