Homebrewing Shows

General homebrewing talk that doesn't fall specifically within the categories below.
Werwer2018
Favourite Beer: Maximum Ice

Homebrewing Shows

Post by Werwer2018 » 9 months ago

I am new to Home Brewing so I have a lot to learn and was wondering if anyone knows of any shows for either Beer or Home Brewing in Southern Ontario.
This to shall pass ... :cheers:

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Re: Homebrewing Shows

Post by Warthaug » 9 months ago

There is/was a show on rogers TV a few years ago (On Tap, I think it as called). I haven't had cable in over a year, but it was on back when I did have cable.
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Steam Beer

Post by Reignman » 9 months ago

Here is one I have at home. Dated though, 1990? Charlie Papazian had a 3 part show from TV Ontario. I downloaded it from somewhere, but not sure about this site. I still watch it frim time to time. More modern homebrew shows will most likely be on You Tube.

http://somatv.ca/homebrew

Reignman

Craigtube on You Tube has hundreds of shows on beer and wine. He is from Hamilton.

Werwer2018
Favourite Beer: Maximum Ice

Post by Werwer2018 » 9 months ago

Thanks for the information. Actually what I was looking for are Shows or Festivals that you can go to and learn more about Beer and Brewing it.
This to shall pass ... :cheers:

bargoon
Favourite Beer: Chestnut Ale

Post by bargoon » 9 months ago

Some of the YouTube channels I like are BEER-N-BBQ by Larry, Bobby from NJ, and basic brewing. They (and others) have a wealth of information and a lot of diy on brewing equipment.

Reignman

I have heard of these shows, but mostly in the US. GTA Brews may have a group of homebrewers once or twice a year brewing a beginning brew. I got my brewing info from books and podcasts. You will have to do a good search to find them, they are out there.

Warthaug
Favourite Beer: The wet kind

Post by Warthaug » 9 months ago

There are learn-to-brew days held once or twice a year by many homebrew clubs; these are intended to educate new/interested brewers into how homebrewing is done. Usually, multiple home brewers will be at these events, brewing, giving you the opportunity to see several different methods and equipment styles all in one place. I'd suggest asking your local club when their next planned event is. Similarly, your local club may be able to hook you up with a mentor who can show you the ropes.

Here's a blog post on my clubs last learn-to-brew event: http://suigenerisbrewing.com/index.php/ ... ters-time/

Bryan
Visit my blog at suigenerisbrewing.com. Homebrewing, yeast wrangling, wild yeast and more!