Three years later, CHB is still growing strong!
New members continue to join at the same rate as last year. Creation of threads is down about 15%, and posts are down about 25%. I think this is largely due to the growing knowledge base that exists on the forums, and members being able to locate an answer without having to create a new thread. As always, continue to encourage other brewers to join the community!
Code: Select all
Some current statistics (Feb 12, 2014) (CHB turns 3 years old):
- Registered Users: 1,374 (497 new users) (1.4 new users each day)
- Total Topics: 2,358 (809 new threads) (2.2 new threads each day)
- Total Posts: 24,220 (8011 new posts) (22 new posts each day)
Some statistics from this time last year (Feb 11, 2013) (CHB turns 2 years old):
- Registered Users: 877 (527 new users) (1.45 new users per day)
- Total Topics: 1,549 (951 new threads) (2.6 new threads per day)
- Total Posts: 16,209 (11,047 new posts) (30.3 new posts per day)
Some statistics from two years ago (CHB turns 1 year old) (c. Feb, 2012):
- Registered Users: 350 (0.95 new users per day)
- Total Topics: 598 (1.6 new threads per day)
- Total Posts: 5162 (14.1 new posts per day)
In the last year, the server was upgraded again. The website has also taken on a new appearance which is cleaner and more modern.
Interesting thread to follow (and contribute to) in 2014:
Running Count of Beer Made by CHB Members in 2014
Thread of the year for 2013 (personal preference)
Canuck Launches his Licensed Production Nanobrewery - Hammond River Brewing Co.
Plans for 2014:
- Continue operating the community without advertisements or fees for features.
- Identify a third Moderator, and possibly more.
- Identify a long-term plan for dealing with increased server demands
- Explore Incorporating CHB as a non-profit organization (Subsequently identify directors/executive officers)
- A mobile-friendly theme for mobile/tablet devices.
Anyone who is interested in helping with these items (or in any other way), please don't hesitate to step forward and approach myself or a moderator.
Again, happy birthday, CHB! Here is to continuing to be a forum "by us, for us."