CHB Turns Two!

Official communications to and from the Canadian Homebrewers Forum management.
XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

CHB Turns Two!

Post #1 by XXXXX » 5 years ago

Happy birthday, CHB!

:cheers:

Another successful year has passed, in largely thanks to the continued support of our moderators B&S and IHB. They have been extremely helpful and committed to this forum. I couldn't do it without them.

Our user base doubled over the last year. Activity on the forum has nearly quadrupled. There is a healthy exchange of ideas and experience, and it's great for the hobby. We've also seen more dealer/supplier presence on the board, which has allowed brewers to connect with sources of equipment and supplies they might not otherwise have access to.

The past year also saw a server hardware upgrade, allowing for a faster web experience.

The direction of the forum will remain the same: free, transparent, and friendly.

Thank you again to our moderators. They spend countless hours making the forum a better place for users.

Here's to another good year ahead for CHB,

XXXXX

Adam
Attachments
happybirthday.jpg
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*
Swivel

Re: CHB Turns Two!

Post #2 by Swivel » 5 years ago

Thanks to you, Adam, mods and sponsors for a great board, I have learned a tonne in the past year of hanging out here and hopefully helped out here and there.

Any plans for a mobile version?
Primary: Caramel Amber
Bottled:Honey Blonde, Root Beer, Albertan Amber, Pomegranate/Wheat Ale, Brown/Vanilla/Maple Porters, Caramel Amber, Milk Stout, Lil Sparky's Nut Brown Ale
Next:
Honey Blonde II
jeffsmith

Post #3 by jeffsmith » 5 years ago

Swivel wrote:Any plans for a mobile version?

I'd even be happy if the Tapatalk plugin was installed. I use it on my iPhone for a couple of other forums I frequent and it works great.
The Brewnosers

Fermenting: Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP051), Strongbad Bitter (US-05)
On tap: Cardinal Sin India Red Ale, Count Chocula Chocolate Milk Stout, Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP001), Strongbad Bitter (S-04)
ruf1
Favourite Beer: lots

Post #4 by ruf1 » 5 years ago

congrats to chb and happy b-day thx to all whom make it all possible , it does take a lot of time and effort to keep it going, you guys do an awsome job thx....from one of the newbs
Stubrew
Favourite Beer: Bubbly

Post #5 by Stubrew » 5 years ago

Yes, we do tend to forget the work it takes to keep this up (and moderated when required! )
I do appreciate it, as Id be even more confused without all the help/resources/opinions this site offers, and its all free to boot !
Hmmm...maybe a CHB brewfest should be planned...a long weekend Bday bash??
kegged: chocolate porter(deelish) / edworts pale ale (regular beer)
bottled: blonde(meh)/ tripel (ok)/ wake n bake stout(improving)/ hop project(meh)/black forest stout(getting better!) BYO Bock /belgian dark
SMaSH beers - citra/columbus / simcoe/ amarillo/cascade
no name ale/lager.
Tony

Post #6 by Tony » 5 years ago

Congrats to CHB and the admin and mods that keep it running.
So good to have a Canadian forum to haunt complete with a great bunch of guys that post frequently and so knowledgeable
in brewing great home brew.
http://brewnosers.org/

How do you BBQ an elephant? First you get your elephant....
jeffsmith

Post #7 by jeffsmith » 5 years ago

Indeed, looking after a quickly growing community like this takes a lot of work and dedication. Congrats and thanks!
The Brewnosers

Fermenting: Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP051), Strongbad Bitter (US-05)
On tap: Cardinal Sin India Red Ale, Count Chocula Chocolate Milk Stout, Lion & Lamb IIPA (WLP001), Strongbad Bitter (S-04)
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

Post #8 by Reignman » 4 years ago

Congrats to CHB and the admin and mods. It is great to have a Canadian forum on brewing. I have always thought that we have a bigger challenge here in Canada than our brothers and sisters to the south of us as far as homebrewing is concerned.
Canuck
Favourite Beer: All of them

Post #9 by Canuck » 4 years ago

Just noticed this thread now. Happy belated b-day to the CHB forum. I huge thanks to Adam, Scott, and Bryan for making this forum possible. Thank you to all of the contributing members as well! :cheers:
XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Post #10 by XXXXX » 4 years ago

Swivel wrote:Any plans for a mobile version?

Yes, I'm waiting for the phpbb-mobile mod to be released. It's currently still in testing (release candidate) phase.

:)
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Return to “Canadian Homebrewers Forum Announcements”