Hello from Montréal, QC

New to Canadian Homebrewers? Tell us a little about yourself and your homebrewing setup!
Chymick the brewer
Favourite Beer: Fin du Monde

Hello from Montréal, QC

Post #1 by Chymick the brewer » 5 months ago

Hello fellow brewers,

I go by the name Chymick here, I'm a young home brewer. started about 6 years ago but due to my studies (and very small apartments) I wasn't able to keep going for the past 5 years, I've recently restarted and I want to put a good deal of time into this craft. I'm a real passionate person when it come to 3 things, Food, Beer and Video games.

I'm in the Montréal region, Speak french and English, lots of fun breweries here and a culture that's almost exclusively found just in Québec. I dwelves into almost anything, traditional style, spinning classics my way, I don't really have anything I don't enjoy, well maybe IPAs, I taste bitterness quite well so anything with a ton of hops isn't my cup of tea (mug of beer I guess in this case).

I'm hoping (beer pun) to find some good friends here and maybe bring my beer making game up a bit.
I've brewed only 5 beers so far but I'm hoping to get to brew 3-4 every year. I'm still in extract brewing but I want to get into all-grain mash someday.

So thank you for reading all the way here.
brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Hello from Montréal, QC

Post #2 by brhenrio » 5 months ago

Welcome! You should try hooking up with the montreALERS brew club.
In the fermentor: Gentlemans Skids Brown Ale
Tap 1: toy soldier stout
Tap 2: A Boy Named Sue's Root Beer
Tap 3: Cheaters Red Ale
Chymick the brewer
Favourite Beer: Fin du Monde

Post #3 by Chymick the brewer » 5 months ago

brhenrio wrote:Welcome! You should try hooking up with the montreALERS brew club.

It's in my to-do list, I want to see if I can make a habit to check forum on a weekly basis and then if I see I'm putting up a lot of info or using a lot then I'll consider it (also I want to take full advantage of their discounts but I don't know them yet, have to research some more).

I'm also not a super social person, I perform well on forums and stuff because if I need a break from talking to people I can just Alt-tab something else for a while, it's kind of not nice thing to do IRL haha.
Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

Post #4 by Reignman » 5 months ago

Welcome Chymick the brewer.

Return to “Introductions”