Hello from North Bay,Ontario

New to Canadian Homebrewers? Tell us a little about yourself and your homebrewing setup!
billd75
Favourite Beer: Cerveza

Hello from North Bay,Ontario

Post #1 by billd75 » 7 months ago

Greetings!
I am kind of new to beer brewing, but I really like it. I've been brewing the can kits, because that is what I am comfortable with and I find them to be pretty good actually. I have been getting a bit more daring lately and adding my own ingredients to their worts and now using better sugar like spray malt DME's rather than cheap white sugar, although I still prime my bottles with white and I find it is fine. I probably should try some dextrose or corn sugar, or actual priming sugar etc. Like a true Canadian I have been adding Maple Syrup to them, cause I tried a Maple Butter Tart Ontario beer from the LCBO that I liked. I will be experimenting further with adding things like citrus zests like orange etc. and maybe some crushed coriander seed and even honey style brews. Maybe even some cherry's or other dried fruits and spices. Eventually, I will graduate into scratch making beer/boiling grains and I look forward to learning from all the expert brewers in here. So far I have tried some Mr. Beer kits, Cooper's kits, Black Rock and I just brewed a Brew Canada Pilsener kit. I would like to try some Munton's next and a few other brands from my local brew shop. Cheers and thank's for making me part of the community! :cheers:
brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Hello from North Bay,Ontario

Post #2 by brhenrio » 6 months ago

Welcome!
In the fermentor: Gentlemans Skids Brown Ale
Tap 1: toy soldier stout
Tap 2: A Boy Named Sue's Root Beer
Tap 3: Cheaters Red Ale
Mr_Tastyfish
Favourite Beer: Homebrewed beer

Re: Hello from North Bay,Ontario

Post #3 by Mr_Tastyfish » 6 months ago

Welcome! Can kits can make some drinkable beers, but if you really like to play around and personalize your brews then you'll eventually find yourself switching to all-grain. Of course, there are no "rules" in homebrewing, so go ahead and keep on experimenting. Have fun with it!
In The Fermentors...
Juicin' IPA
Something Brown
In The Bottles...
Blonde Ale
Apple Cider #2
Raspberry, Orange and Tangerine Mead
Cooper's Ginger Beer

Plus a wide selection of wines made by Ms_Tastyfish

Return to “Introductions”