Greetings from Winnipeg

New to Canadian Homebrewers? Tell us a little about yourself and your homebrewing setup!
Grain-To-Glass
Favourite Beer: homebrew

Greetings from Winnipeg

Post #1 by Grain-To-Glass » 2 years ago

Hi guys, I'm a homebrewer in Winnipeg and I just found this forum. My all grain setup consists of a 19 gallon kettle with a Blichmann 5000Watt boilcoil, a 10 gallon Igloo cooler that was converted into a mash tun and a 5 gallon Rubbermaid cooler that is used as an HLT. I also just opened up a homebrew supply shop in Winnipeg called Grain To Glass so swing by for a chat or call the store if you have any questions.

Cheers! :cheers:
Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Re: Greetings from Winnipeg

Post #2 by Venari » 2 years ago

Grain-To-Glass wrote:...call the store if you have any questions.

Does this include such inquiries as whether or not you have a functioning refrigerator, or canned royalty?

Kidding aside, welcome to the forum :)

I'm fairly new-ish myself, and I'd be interested in your inventory. Do you have a website I can peruse whenever my internet is working, and would you ship to Nunavut? :D
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?
Grain-To-Glass

Post #3 by Grain-To-Glass » 2 years ago

Our website is still being constructed but you can view what have added so far www.graintoglass.ca I don't currently ship outside of Winnipeg but it is something that we'll offer down the road.

Cheers
Chicco
Favourite Beer: amber ale

Post #4 by Chicco » 2 years ago

Hey! Glad to see more homebrewers from winnipeg. Saw your ads on kijiji,was planning to visit last weekend but i had to work. Any way welcome to the forum and will swing by your shop soon! Btw, will you be doing a brew soon?
Grain-To-Glass

Post #5 by Grain-To-Glass » 2 years ago

Chicco wrote:Hey! Glad to see more homebrewers from winnipeg. Saw your ads on kijiji,was planning to visit last weekend but i had to work. Any way welcome to the forum and will swing by your shop soon! Btw, will you be doing a brew soon?

We just did a couple of brews last night. Usually we brew all grain but with limited time available we did a simple extract recipe for a pale ale that had cascade, summit and centennial hops and a coopers kit that we added DME to with some steeped chocolate malt and coriander seeds. It was on their website as their recipe of the month to brew an Abbey Ale. We're also working on giving some free courses in beer and wine making. Hope to see you soon.

Cheers
Chicco
Favourite Beer: amber ale

Post #6 by Chicco » 2 years ago

Sweet! Please let me know because i also have a few friends who wants to get into brewing and wine making. Cheers!
Grain-To-Glass

Post #7 by Grain-To-Glass » 2 years ago

Chicco wrote:Sweet! Please let me know because i also have a few friends who wants to get into brewing and wine making. Cheers!

Even before we have the classes available feel free to swing by the store. I have enough space here to take out all the equipment and show them everything they would need as well as how it works.

Cheers!
Greedy Dragon Brewing
Favourite Beer: IPA

Post #8 by Greedy Dragon Brewing » 2 years ago

Welcome!
Come check me out at https://www.youtube.com/user/GreedyDragonBrewing
If you like what you see please like, share, and subscribe. CheerZ
delo978
Favourite Beer: stout

Post #9 by delo978 » 2 years ago

Welcome to to forum and glad to see an other Winnipeg Brew Store...you'll see me often!
oro
Favourite Beer: one I am drinking

Post #10 by oro » 2 years ago

Welcome to the forum
Beer has food value, food has no beer value...

Return to “Introductions”