Hello from Alberta!

New to Canadian Homebrewers? Tell us a little about yourself and your homebrewing setup!
dfaichuk86
Favourite Beer: Phillips Blue Buck

Hello from Alberta!

Post #1 by dfaichuk86 » 1 month ago

Hello from Medicine Hat, Alberta.

My wife got me into homebrew a year ago(I think she regrets it now) using a mr. beer kit and I was pleasantly surprised by the results. I am now quite far down the rabbit hole and just completed my first all grain BIAB last night. Decided to go dive right in to electric induction BIAB using a 10Gal kettle and brew basket. used a Irish Red Ale kit from OBK and was a little low on my OG, Thinking either the small brew basket resulted in a too thick of mash, have re circulation but just pours over into the basket without a sparge arm of any sort or the crush was not fine enough (just an excuse to buy more stuff!) Look forward to learning more (like where to get bulk grains in this city!) and sharing my experiences (importance of ferm temp...)

Reignman
Favourite Beer: Pilsner

Re: Hello from Alberta!

Post #2 by Reignman » 1 month ago

Welcome dfaichuk86.
BIAB is very popular. Bulk grains in Alberta? Check out homebrewing clubs in your area. Some do 1 or 2 bulk buys a year through a local homebrew store. If you are friends with a local craft brewery you can get in on their regular grain order too.
brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Re: Hello from Alberta!

Post #3 by brhenrio » 1 month ago

Welcome!
In the fermentor: Skidmark Sour Brown Ale
Readybrew kölsch
Tap 1: cream soda
Tap 2:
Tap 3: Cheaters Red Ale

Return to “Introductions”