DIY Heat Stick

Why buy your homebrewing equipment if you can make it? Share completed DIY projects and future plans and ideas alike!
Bodhi

Re: Heat Stick

Post by Bodhi » 6 years ago

Thanks for your thoughts docdave. I never leave my boil unattended so the idea of a fire is severely remote but that is a valid concern. The electric kettles are like what I did except they cut a hole in their brew kettle and mound the hot water element in through the side of the pot. Wire connections are now outside the pot!
I like the idea of being able to remove the element when I put in my wort chiller so the heat stick is ideal for me.
In fact, I brewed a Pilsner Urquell last night and I found that I had too much heat. I consistently found myself having to slow down - brewing beer is a process not a race- but all in it took about 3 hours for me to brew my all grain batch (down from 5 prior to the stick!).

Venari
Favourite Beer: Molson Canadian

Re: Heat Stick

Post by Venari » 3 years ago

Edit: posted in wrong thread.

also thanks for this tutorial :)
I've never understood the policy against "necro threads" on almost every forum. Why tell us to use the search function for a particular topic, then complain when an older thread has a new post in it?