Adding Electric To Brew Pot

Why buy your homebrewing equipment if you can make it? Share completed DIY projects and future plans and ideas alike!
XXXXX
Administrator
Favourite Beer: Cold

Re: Adding Electric To Brew Pot

Post by XXXXX » 2 weeks ago

That's a sweet gift PatrickIvan!

Brhenrio, I'm not super familiar with it. Is it a single wall vessel?
Mmmm... Beer... *drool*

Patrickivan
Favourite Beer: My Weissbier

Post by Patrickivan » 2 weeks ago

brhenrio wrote:
<span title="|23 Oct 2018|, 23:06">2 weeks ago</span>
I am honestly thinking of hacking my robobrew and adding a 4500w element to it for helping. Simple on off switch, just use it for raising temp or getting to a boil faster. If i dont want to sit and watch i will just use the built in panel.
I'd be very curious to see how that works out. Just tested it last night and got 20 litres to a weak rolling boil at a maxed out temp of 100 degrees with the pump on. It'll work for sure, but the boil off rate is what is the unknown for me. I guess I should have kept my test boil going to find out LOL.

At the very least, I will still add a 4500W + element to my 40 litre boil pot in the near future. And relegate the Robobrew to my mashing stages. I really like the control of having the 6 steps. And noted that it did heat up to 70 degrees very quickly. Plus the recirculation pump...

I think this robobrew is a good compliment. An expensive one albeit, but a very handy one.
XXXXX wrote:
<span title="|23 Oct 2018|, 23:33">2 weeks ago</span>
That's a sweet gift PatrickIvan!

Brhenrio, I'm not super familiar with it. Is it a single wall vessel?
It was quite the surprise. I showed it to my wife months ago, and specifically said: "don't get this for me, I just think it's really neat". And there it was in the living room the other day! Good family!
"I drink to make people interesting"

George Nathan

brhenrio
Favourite Beer: Stouts

Post by brhenrio » 2 weeks ago

It is just a single wall vessel.
In the fermentor: Cherry Brown Sour, Raspberry Sour, Golden Sour
Tap 1: Root Beer
Tap 2: Destined for the drain
Tap 3: Lil' Runt Mild
Tap 4: Brown Sour

bellybuster
Favourite Beer: stout

Post by bellybuster » 1 hour ago

ha! came in for a quick visit to see a link to my controller build. For anyone looking, it is still going strong after 4 years of heavy use in both brewing and my "other" hobby