Now I use to fly sparge a lot, tried batch this weekend past and found my efficiency increased almost 20 percent ? Now I will be honest, I am working with some new equipment, 15bk aluminum has been turned into a insulated mash tun and I have a 19 gal bk now. This past as usual for my IPA recipe, I added strike water at 162ish F and when I added my grain and when I was done stirring, it dropped to 144 F in the mt. I raised it within 35min to 148 F where I mash my IPA's. Now when testing my sg it was at my OG after batch sparging LOL and after the boil the OG was higher than calculated. I messed around with the efficiency setting in BS and found that 90% gave me the proper OG I received.
Anyway what are everyone's thoughts and experiences with sparging methods. Which do you feel is best for you and yields the best results, No sparging method included please. Cheers all !!!